Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress while commiserating with the people and the government of Borno State over the recent attacks on Maiduguri airport, Air Force Base have accused President Goodluck Jonathan of abandoning security of the country for his second term ambition.
“The most recent attack was particularly telling as it shows that President Goodluck Jonathan has no security agenda and is only focused on retaining power beyond 2015″.
The APC governors, in a statement issued by the Director-General of the PGF, Mallam Salihu Lukman, in Abuja on Tuesday, said the security situation in several parts of the country had continued to deteriorate despite the extension of the state of emergency in some states and the huge sums of money supposedly spent on security.
The Opposition governors said notwithstanding the fact that nearly one-third of this year’s federal government budget was devoted to defence and security, few Nigerians actually feel safe.The governors added that the result of what it termed the “criminal negligence” is the unabated slaughter of lives. Clearly the security structures set up in the region have been overwhelmed.
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed