Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress while commiserating with the people and the government of Borno State over the recent attacks on Maiduguri airport, Air Force Base have accused President Goodluck Jonathan of abandoning security of the country for his second term ambition.
“The most recent attack was particularly telling as it shows that President Goodluck Jonathan has no security agenda and is only focused on retaining power beyond 2015″.
The APC governors, in a statement issued by the Director-General of the PGF, Mallam Salihu Lukman, in Abuja on Tuesday, said the security situation in several parts of the country had continued to deteriorate despite the extension of the state of emergency in some states and the huge sums of money supposedly spent on security.
The Opposition governors said notwithstanding the fact that nearly one-third of this year’s federal government budget was devoted to defence and security, few Nigerians actually feel safe.The governors added that the result of what it termed the “criminal negligence” is the unabated slaughter of lives. Clearly the security structures set up in the region have been overwhelmed.
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force