Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress while commiserating with the people and the government of Borno State over the recent attacks on Maiduguri airport, Air Force Base have accused President Goodluck Jonathan of abandoning security of the country for his second term ambition.
“The most recent attack was particularly telling as it shows that President Goodluck Jonathan has no security agenda and is only focused on retaining power beyond 2015″.
The APC governors, in a statement issued by the Director-General of the PGF, Mallam Salihu Lukman, in Abuja on Tuesday, said the security situation in several parts of the country had continued to deteriorate despite the extension of the state of emergency in some states and the huge sums of money supposedly spent on security.
The Opposition governors said notwithstanding the fact that nearly one-third of this year’s federal government budget was devoted to defence and security, few Nigerians actually feel safe.The governors added that the result of what it termed the “criminal negligence” is the unabated slaughter of lives. Clearly the security structures set up in the region have been overwhelmed.
- Bishop Kukah explains why Buhari makes it difficult for Nigerians to celebrate diversity
- Ondo 2020: Agboola plans to rig in Ilaje, says Akeredolu
- “I did not campaign against subsidy” – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria