Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress while commiserating with the people and the government of Borno State over the recent attacks on Maiduguri airport, Air Force Base have accused President Goodluck Jonathan of abandoning security of the country for his second term ambition.
“The most recent attack was particularly telling as it shows that President Goodluck Jonathan has no security agenda and is only focused on retaining power beyond 2015″.
The APC governors, in a statement issued by the Director-General of the PGF, Mallam Salihu Lukman, in Abuja on Tuesday, said the security situation in several parts of the country had continued to deteriorate despite the extension of the state of emergency in some states and the huge sums of money supposedly spent on security.
The Opposition governors said notwithstanding the fact that nearly one-third of this year’s federal government budget was devoted to defence and security, few Nigerians actually feel safe.The governors added that the result of what it termed the “criminal negligence” is the unabated slaughter of lives. Clearly the security structures set up in the region have been overwhelmed.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer