Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chukwu Ude
Thenetng Exclusively reports that Nigeria’s 2face Idibia has announced the signing of veteran Nigerian musician Sir Victor Uwaifo to his new record label HyperTek Digital.
Thenetng Osagie Alonge, reports that the announcement was made on November 30, 2013 at Club Rumours, Ikeja, Lagos.
He stated that Victor Uwaifo said at the unveiling that he has the propensity to change from one music genre to another. Uwaifo was quoted to have said” If you say it’s Jazz, I’ll play Jazz. If you say it’s Hip-Hop, I’ll play it‘.
Uwaifo joins Pop artiste Dammy Krane and dancehall act Rocksteady as the fourth official artiste under the label.
According to the Nigerian entertainment today, the deal comes shortly after HyperTek rebranded and sold some shares to a parent company 960Music, founded by former Spinlet boss Eric Idahi.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help