Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Umaru Ahmed
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that President Jonathan who fell ill in London thanked Nigerians for their show of solidarity, concern and best wishes.
But the arrival of the President greets the nation with the sack of Mrs Aisha Umar from office as his Senior Special Assistant.
The sack of Mrs Aisha was contained in a press statement issued Sunday by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.
The statement further indicated that Mrs Umar’s sack takes effect today, no reason was given for the sack of the Special Assistant on Social Development.
According to the statement by Mr. Sam Nwaobasi, the Special Assistant (Media) to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim with Ref. No: PPR/OSGF/PR/02 did not give any reason for the action.
Nwaobasi stated that the termination of Umar’s appointment was “with effect from the November 25, 2013.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami