Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Aminu Tukur
A statement issued to newsmen by the Force Publci Relations Officer, CSP FRANK E. MBA, the posting takes immediate effect.
The statement reads, “In line with his avowed efforts towards building a people-friendly Police Force, through the rendering of an effective and efficient service delivery, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP MD Abubakar, CFR, NPF, mni, psc has ordered the redeployment of five Assistant Inspectors-General of Police (AIGs) and two Commissioners of Police (CPs) to their respective zonal and state commands and formations.”
Mba said among the Senior Police Officers redeployed is the former CP Anambra State, AIG Ballah M. Nasarawa who was recently promoted Assistant Inspector-General of Police and has now been posted as the AIG in charge of Zone 9, Umuahia – covering Abia, Imo, Enugu and Anambra State Commands. CP Usman Gwary, fdc, is now in charge of Anambra State Police Command.
The IGP charged the affected officers to ensure that they step up the fight against crimes and criminalities and called on them to ensure that the safety and security of lives and property of the citizenry are not compromised.
Other affected Senior Officers are:
|1.||AIG||DAVID OMOJOLA, mni||ZONE 11 OSOGBO –OSUN, ONDO, OYO|
|2.||AIG||TAMBARI YABO MOHAMMED||ZONE 1 KANO – KANO JIGAWA KATSINA|
|3.||AIG||EDGAR T. NANAKUMO, fwc||FORCE ANIMAL BRANCH|
|4.||AIG||MOHAMMED J. GANA, fdc||ZONE 12 BAUCHI – BAUCHI, BORNO, YOBE|
|5.||CP||SAIDU MADAWAKI||CP KOGI|
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report