Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Jaiyesimi Clever
Reports we are following online reveals that there is serious stampede in Ikota area of Lagos as touts, are clashing with policemen after school children were crushed by a trailer. The standoff led officers of the Nigerian Police force shooting shooting teargas to disperse the crowd protesting, eyewitness account reveal.
A Citizen Reporter @nisots reports that the clash is happening around Mega chicken Ikota villa estate area as a number of kids have died.
The reporter says the entire area is on stand still as shooting lasted for well over an hour
Trouble said to have started after a trailer crushed four pupils on their way to school.
“@nisots I hear it was a trailer that killed the kids really can’t confirm what exactly happened but I can update u when it’s safe&calm.”
Protesters say they will not leave until Fashola comes.
Those protesting say if the state government provided a pedestrian bridge for the children, their deaths would have been averted, they blamed Governor, Babatunde Fashola for the death of the children who were headed to school early Monday.
Meanwhile another Citizen reporter, Adekunle Sanusi alleges there wasn’t any shooting or sorts. He tweeted that an accident happened involving a prado SUV and a water tanker contrary to the earlier information reported.
The eyewitness tweeted, “@adequnle The police shot into the air to disperse the rampaging area boys because they were beginning to rob motorists”.
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”