Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Francis Anosike
Nobody will allow election rigging in Anambra State as the Federal Government, Security agencies and INEC have been positioned to carry out their duties without fear of favour, President Goodluck Jonathan said Wednesday at the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity, Onitsha, in Anambra state.
Jonathan led a campaign rally for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Mr Tony Nwoye ahead of the November 16 governorship election in the state.
He warned that rigging or electoral malpractices would not be tolerated in the election and called the people to support the PDP candidate in the election.
He said Mr Nwoye has displayed true leadership qualities needed by the Anambra people.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore