Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Francis Anosike
Nobody will allow election rigging in Anambra State as the Federal Government, Security agencies and INEC have been positioned to carry out their duties without fear of favour, President Goodluck Jonathan said Wednesday at the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity, Onitsha, in Anambra state.
Jonathan led a campaign rally for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Mr Tony Nwoye ahead of the November 16 governorship election in the state.
He warned that rigging or electoral malpractices would not be tolerated in the election and called the people to support the PDP candidate in the election.
He said Mr Nwoye has displayed true leadership qualities needed by the Anambra people.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability