Estimated Reading Time: <1
Apparently, the tussle in Nigeria’s ruling party; the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is far from over.
Yesterday (November 11), the party announced the immediate suspension of the membership of its embattled former national secretary, Olagunsoye Oyinlola , the party also suspended Kawu Baraje who is the Chairman of the New PDP. Board of trustee members, Sam Jaja and Senator Ibrahim Kazuare were not spared in the suspension bonanza.
The spokesperson for the PDP, Olisa Metuh announced the suspension of the four members at a press conference in Abuja.
It is worthy of note that the aforementioned suspended party members were very pivotal to the formation of the breakaway faction of the party now known as the New PDP (nPDP).
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped