Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano state Resident Electoral Commissioner of (INEC)Professor Riskua Shehu said on Tuesday in Kano said that the Commission is set to conduct a free and fair re-run election in Nine local government areas of the state.
Professor Shehu who made this known at a Meeting of the Commission with Stakeholders in Kano that it has developed a time table of activities with timelines for the re-run Scheduled January 25th.
He said an Appeal Court in Kaduna at various sittings had ordered for re-run elections in Frederal and state Constituencies in which two are from KIru/ Bebeji and Tudun Wada Doguwa with two polling Units in Kumbotso federal Constituency 12 polling Units in four other state Constituency in Bunkure, Madobi, Minjibir and Rogo among all the participating political parties in the state.
According to him the re-run election will be conducted in Sixty registration areas across the affected local government areas with a total of 41, 4000 registered voters in 698 polling Units, 166 voting points, given a total 864 voting points.
He said with Eleven days away from the date of the election INEC has all the none sensitive material in the affected local government areas, as batching of the material has commenced while the Commission is expecting the arrival of the sensitive materials from the headquarters adding that all political parties will be informed as soon as CBN received them.
He further explains that ” invitation will be sent to representatives of all political parties participating in the re-run elections as well as security agencies to witness the distribution of the material.
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus