Estimated Reading Time: <1
A 51-year-old woman, Rose Edward, is in police net for allegedly buying a 2-month-old baby for N450,000.
Mr Murtala Mani, Akwa Ibom Commissioner of Police, disclosed this on Saturday in Uyo, while briefing newsmen.
Mani who spoke through ASP Cordelia Nwanwe, the Akwa Ibom Police Command’s spokesperson said that a homeopathtic doctor, Eneyo Nyang, was arrested in connection with the crime.
He said that Edward from Rivers confessed to have bought the baby because she needed a baby of her own.
Confessing to the crime, the mother of the baby, Comfort Effiong, said that she sold her baby because there was no one to take care of her.
“I sold the baby because of help; I don’t have anybody to help me. My father is late and my mother is sick and I don’t have anybody to help me,” Effiong said.
Mani assured Akwa Ibom people that the command would not relent in its effort to curb crime in the state.
He warned members of the public wishing to adopt children to follow due process.
- #COVID19: The US Will No Longer Issue New Passports Except For ‘Emergencies’
- Presidential Task Force On COVID19 & AGF Will Publish Details Of Funds In Relief Account
- COVID-19: About 200 US-Based Nigerians Interested In Returning Home – Onyeama
- COVID-19 Relief: FG Should Waive Electricity Tariffs For Two Months – Gbajabiamila
- Nigerian Army Gets More Tanks, Artillery & Armaments
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control announce 22 new COVID-19 cases
- Enforced COVID-19 Donations May Betray Ugly Truth About Nigerian Government’s Crisis Handling
- Breaking: 15-man Chinese Medical Team of Doctors arrive in Nigeria
- Just In: Bernie Sanders Drops Out of US Presidential Race
- Breaking: Federal Government of Nigeria slashes 2020 budget