Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Former Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose has been declared winner of the Ekiti State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial primary.
He was declared winner of the election with 462 votes out of the 477 cast by the Dr Peter Odili led Electoral Panel on Saturday.
The primary was conducted to choose the PDP candidate for the governorship election coming up in June.
The PDP electoral panel headed by a former Rivers governor, Peter Odili, declared Mr. Fayose the winner of the primary.
Many of the other PDP contenders had called for a consensus candidate, a move rejected by Mr. Fayose.
Mr. Fayose’s candidacy, will be the main challenger to the ruling All Progressives Congress, to be represented by Governor Kayode Fayemi.
In furtherance of the timetable it released on the conduct of the 2015 general elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announced that the governorship election in Osun State to be held on August 9, 2014.
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus
- COVID-19: US Government repatriates 997 Citizens from Nigeria
- Just In: Lagos discharges seven COVID-19 patients