Estimated Reading Time: 1
A News Editor with Adamawa Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Yola, Amra Ahmed Diska, has been abducted at her home on the outskirts of Yola, the capital of Adamawa State.
NewsWireNGR gathered that gunmen stormed the residence of the journalist in Mbamba community in the early hours of Tuesday and forcefully took her away, leaving behind her six-month-old baby.
The spokesman for Adamawa State Police Command, DSP Sulaiman Nguroje, confirmed the incident, saying the journalist was abducted from her husband’s house at Mbamba between 1:00am and 2:00am.
He said the police operatives had been dispatched to track down the kidnappers and bring them to justice, expressing confidence that the victim would be rescued.
According to a source close to the family, the abductors had not yet made any demand for ransom as at the time of filing this report.
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!
- Vice President Osinbajo arrives Uganda for Yoweri Museveni’s 6th inauguration
- SPECIAL REPORT: How special needs students are struggling against the Nigerian educational system
- Squandered N50bn: Transport ministry accuse the NPA of engaging in “wastage of public funds”
- Cheta Nwanze: Quick reaction to Buhari’s new security measures for the South-East/South-South
- Governor Obaseki dissolves AAU’s governing council