Estimated Reading Time: <1
US President Donald Trump on Monday afternoon called President Muhammadu Buhari in a brief telephone conversation.
Trump invited Buhari, who is currently in London on vacation, to come to Washington DC at a mutually convenient date, presidency says.
The Nigerian Presidency on Monday confirmed ailing President Muhammadu Buhari spoke to US President Donald Trump.
According to presidential spokesman Garba Shehu, Buhari’s conversation with Trump was “cordial.”
“The conversation was cordial and President Buhari congratulated Trump on his election as President of the United States, and on his cabinet”, Mr. Shehu tweeted.
There have been concerns over the President’s health and whereabouts following the extension of his medical vacation in the United Kingdom.
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion
- “Publish all tenders and all contracts” – Okonjo-Iweala said she saved billions of dollars as finance minister
- Fire guts World Trade Centre, Abuja
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment