Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday gave out his daughter, Zahra Muhammadu Buhari, in marriage to Ahmed Indimi.
The wedding Fatiha took place after the Deputy Chief Imam of the National Mosque, Sheikh Ibrahim Makari, performed the two Jumma’at Prayer.
A representative of the Indimi family whose name was not disclosed, paid 12 gold coins which was converted and valued at N250,000, the amount for the dowry.
The Sarkin Fulanin Daura, Alhaji Yusuf Sani, gave out Zahra on behalf of the Buhari family.
Dignitaries who attended the wedding included former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu, former Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President Bukola Saraki and Chief Bisi Akande.
The dignitaries also included governors Rauf Aregbesola, Nasir El-rufai, Umaru Almakura, Yahaya Bello and Aminu Masari, among others.
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan