Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday gave out his daughter, Zahra Muhammadu Buhari, in marriage to Ahmed Indimi.
The wedding Fatiha took place after the Deputy Chief Imam of the National Mosque, Sheikh Ibrahim Makari, performed the two Jumma’at Prayer.
A representative of the Indimi family whose name was not disclosed, paid 12 gold coins which was converted and valued at N250,000, the amount for the dowry.
The Sarkin Fulanin Daura, Alhaji Yusuf Sani, gave out Zahra on behalf of the Buhari family.
Dignitaries who attended the wedding included former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu, former Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President Bukola Saraki and Chief Bisi Akande.
The dignitaries also included governors Rauf Aregbesola, Nasir El-rufai, Umaru Almakura, Yahaya Bello and Aminu Masari, among others.
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities