Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was on Thursday shocked when Senator Dino Melaye, representing Kogi West revealed that telecommunication giants in Nigeria, MTN, has been involved in gross money laundering.
The Senator who made the revelation under order 42 of the Senate rule was particularly pained,stating that at the crucial moment when the nation is plauged with economic challenges, all hands must be on deck to recover every loot in the country
“We are in a precarious situation and now is the time to recover every stolen money in the country,” he said.
Speaking further, Senator Melaye revealed that, “between 2006 and 2016, the MTN Nigeria, in collaboration with 4 commercial banks and with the help of a serving Minister, has moved over $12bn out of this country”.
He also disclosed that if given the opportunity, he would move the substantive motion in the next legislative day, with concrete evidences.
Ruling on the point of order, the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki granted Dino Melaye the privilege of moving the substantive motion during the senate plenary of Tuesday 27th September.
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed