Estimated Reading Time: <1
Well, not a completely bad day for entertainers in Nigeria that have decided to try out their hands in the Nigerian Political environment.
While Kenny Saint Brown lost out to the son of a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Lai Mohammed. Nollywood actor-cum-director, Desmond Olusola Elliot has emerged the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Lagos State House of Assembly election in 2015.
The actor, will be representing the people of Surulere in the House of Assembly and the first hurdle has been crossed as he will have to face contenders from other political parties in the state.
Elliot seeks to represent Surulere constituency II in the Assembly. Elliot was educated at the Lagos State University, where he read Economics.
Seeing that the ruling APC is the major party to defeat ahead of the polls, the chances of the Elliot emerging winner as compared to other political party aspirants is slim, according to Political analyst.
Desmond Olusola Elliot got the ticket at the expense of the incumbent and two-term member of the House, Kabiru Lawal.
Unconfirmed reports say Desmond has the full backing of Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of APC.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%