Estimated Reading Time: <1
Well, not a completely bad day for entertainers in Nigeria that have decided to try out their hands in the Nigerian Political environment.
While Kenny Saint Brown lost out to the son of a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Lai Mohammed. Nollywood actor-cum-director, Desmond Olusola Elliot has emerged the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Lagos State House of Assembly election in 2015.
The actor, will be representing the people of Surulere in the House of Assembly and the first hurdle has been crossed as he will have to face contenders from other political parties in the state.
Elliot seeks to represent Surulere constituency II in the Assembly. Elliot was educated at the Lagos State University, where he read Economics.
Seeing that the ruling APC is the major party to defeat ahead of the polls, the chances of the Elliot emerging winner as compared to other political party aspirants is slim, according to Political analyst.
Desmond Olusola Elliot got the ticket at the expense of the incumbent and two-term member of the House, Kabiru Lawal.
Unconfirmed reports say Desmond has the full backing of Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of APC.
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021