Estimated Reading Time: <1
A group of protesters has stormed the All Progressives Congress (APC) secretariat in Abuja demanding the removal of the national chairman Adams Oshiomhole.
The protesters under the aegis of Concerned APC Youths are demanding that Oshimhole should be removed from the office of the national chairman because the party has lost more states under him, the most recent being Bayelsa State.
Channels Television reports that the protesters carried various placards with inscriptions calling for Oshiomhole’s sack.
One of the leaders of the protesters, Agricola Ejembi told newsmen that the group is appealing to President Muhuammadu Buhari to intervene in the affairs of the party in order to arrest what they claim to be the dwindling fortunes of the party under Oshiomhole as National Chairman of the party.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had on Friday declared the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Duoye Diri, as the winner of the Bayelsa election issuing the certificate of return to him immediately.
This was after the Supreme Court ruling which sacked David Lyon of the APC.
Justice Ejembi Ekwo, who read the lead judgment on Thursday made the orders after disqualifying the APC’s deputy governorship candidate, Degi-Eremienyo, as a candidate in the election for submitting forged certificates to INEC.
The court ruled that Degi-Eremienyo’s disqualification had infected the joint ticket with which he and the governorship candidate, Lyon, ran for and won November 16, 2019.
- Enforced COVID-19 Donations May Betray Ugly Truth About Nigerian Government’s Crisis Handling
- Breaking: 15-man Chinese Medical Team of Doctors arrive in Nigeria
- Just In: Bernie Sanders Drops Out of US Presidential Race
- Breaking: Federal Government of Nigeria slashes 2020 budget
- Just In: 27 Quarantined In Niger State Over Coronavirus
- Breaking: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation on Fire
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct