Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Catholic Priest serving at the Uromi Diocese, Father Nicholas Oboh, has been abducted by gunmen in Benin City.
Chancellor Uromi diocese, Rev Father Osi Odenore, in a statement posted on his facebook page said Father Oboh was abducted on Valentine’s day but was not specific in the area where the abduction took place.
He called for prayers for the release of Father Oboh.
“We are sure he is alive, and since the incident, steps have be taken to ensure that Rev Father Nicholas Oboh is release without no harm.”
Also, some children were abducted at Umelu community in Ikpoba-Okha local government area.
It was gathered that armed robbers had robbed residents in the area and took four children along with them.
Sources in the area said one of the abducted children has been released after the parents paid the sum of N2m.
The sources said other parents have opned negotiations with the abductors.
- Enforced COVID-19 Donations May Betray Ugly Truth About Nigerian Government’s Crisis Handling
- Breaking: 15-man Chinese Medical Team of Doctors arrive in Nigeria
- Just In: Bernie Sanders Drops Out of US Presidential Race
- Breaking: Federal Government of Nigeria slashes 2020 budget
- Just In: 27 Quarantined In Niger State Over Coronavirus
- Breaking: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation on Fire
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct