Estimated Reading Time: <1
Abdulmumin Jibrin, representation of the Bebeji constituency in Kano of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has lost his seat in the house of representatives.
In the rerun election for Kuru and Bebeji federal constituency of Kano state on Saturday, Jibrin was defeated by Aliyu Yako of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with a margin of 35,000 votes.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Yako as the winner after he secured 48,601 votes with Jibrin trailing behind with 13,507 votes.
Jibrin, a former chairman of the house committee on appropriation, was declared winner of the initial poll conducted in 2019.
But Kofa went to court to challenge his victory, citing irregularities in the exercise. The appeal court sacked the former lawmaker and ordered a rerun election in his constituency.
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control announce 22 new COVID-19 cases
- Enforced COVID-19 Donations May Betray Ugly Truth About Nigerian Government’s Crisis Handling
- Breaking: 15-man Chinese Medical Team of Doctors arrive in Nigeria
- Just In: Bernie Sanders Drops Out of US Presidential Race
- Breaking: Federal Government of Nigeria slashes 2020 budget
- Just In: 27 Quarantined In Niger State Over Coronavirus
- Breaking: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation on Fire
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers