Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has picked up a former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke( SAN) upon arrival from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Adoke is being probed alongside others over $1.06billion Malabu Oil Block ( OPL 245) deal.
The ex-AGF was arrested in Abu Dhabi on November 11 after being watch-listed by the EFCC.
But after a month in the custody of the International Police( INTERPOL) in the UAE, Adoke voluntarily offered to return to the country for interrogation by the EFCC and trial.
Spotting a white Kaftan with a white cap, Adoke arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja aboard Emirates flight (Boeing 777 -300ER) at 3.45pm.
He was however picked up by EFCC operatives and transferred into a Toyota bus marked RBC 931 BV while reading a book he brought from Dubai, according to The Nation.
As at press time, he was waiting for airport formalities before being moved out to the EFCC headquarters in Abuja.
- Just In: 27 Quarantined In Niger State Over Coronavirus
- Breaking: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation on Fire
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips