Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Women Affairs minister, Aisha Alhassan, who recently resigned her appointment and dumped the All Progressives Congress, has retrieved computers and furniture she donated to the party’s state secretariat in Jalingo.
According to Mr Aaron Artimas, APC publicity secretary in the state, Alhassan also removed rugs, air-conditioning sets and tables she had bought for the political party when she was a member.
“We find this development shameful, unfortunately, it is true. The former minister has emptied the office she furnished when she was a member of the APC,” Artimas told the News Agency of Nigeria, on Wednesday in Jalingo.
Artimas said that the party leadership obliged her request and watched as she removed everything from the party secretariat, and expressed surprise that the former minister stooped so low to recover even minor items she had donated to the party.
“It is amazing to us because Aisha Alhassan was the highest beneficiary of the party in the state,” he claimed.
Artimas said that Alhassan had embarrassed herself with that action because she was still enjoying the benefits that accrued to her as a minister under the APC-led federal government.
“It is a very shameful action, but we shall leave her to conscience,” he said.
Reacting, however, Alhassan said that she did not order the removal of the items, but supported it because of the injustice the party meted to her.
“I bought the items with my money; when my boys told me they were removing them from the party secretariat, I gave them the go ahead because the APC does not deserve anything of mine,” she told NAN in an interview from Abuja.
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus