Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fire broke out on Sunday at the House on the Rock Church in Abuja.
Our correspondent who passed by the airport road on Sunday reports that the building was visibly ablaze while fire fighters were struggling to put out the flames.
Coincidentally, there was a heavy downpour at the time our correspondent passed by.
The cause of the fire is yet unknown.
A member of the Church who spoke to our correspondent said that the main building had not been in use for a while now as renovation work was going on.
Mr Joseph Peter who sounded sad said that he just left the church at about 1:00P.M. Sunday afternoon after the day’s service and all was well.
House on the Rock was founded in December 1994 by Pastor Paul A. Adefarasin in Lagos, Nigeria.
The ministry was established to be a vanguard 21st century Church with a vision of empowering believers for the fulfilment of their God-ordained destinies.
Since its’ inception the Church has grown far beyond the borders of Lagos, with over 40 daughter Churches and missions in Nigeria and across the globe.
The Abuja Church popularly called “The Refuge” by church members was formed in 1999 as a springboard for strategic ministry in the northern region of Nigeria and beyond.
- More Trouble as Police summon Naira Marley for violating COVID-19 Lockdown
- Nigeria records eight new COVID-19 cases, total now 232
- 36-year-old dies of coronavirus in Lagos
- Police Arrest Funke Akindele Over Lockdown Violation
- FG Will Support Integration & Operations Of Artisanal Refineries To Reduce Crude Oil Theft.
- Oil Prices Close To $40 As OPEC Meeting Is Postponed
- A Special Adviser To Nasarawa Governor Has Been Kidnapped
- Chadian army led by President Idris Déby takes war to Boko Haram, free Nigerian soldiers in captivity
- Nigeria confirms 10 new cases of coronavirus, total now 224
- Tension in Benin as two patients, who earlier tested negative for Coronavirus are now positive