Estimated Reading Time: <1
Doyin Okupe, former senior special assistant to former president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs has claimed that Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo lied in the church when he said the federal government in the last 10 years have not constructed a single new raod.
Okupe who said he shares somethings in common with Osinbajo warned against taking politics into the church. In his statement titled: “The VP and his Politics” he noted that the statement was a difficult one to issue.
“This is perhaps one of the most difficult posts I have made to date. Prof Yemi Osinbajo and I have a few things in common. He is a professional in politics like me. He is a practising Christian and a revered pastor. I am a practising christian and an aspiring evangelist,” he said.
He then drew more similarities between them. “We both are alumni of Igbobi College, Yaba. Lagos. His younger brother and mine were classmates at Igbobi and are both pastors of the Fountain of Life Church, Ilupeju, where I became grounded in Christianity under the mentorship of the celebrated and revered man of God, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya.
“It was in this church and before a body of pastors undergoing a spiritual retreat that the Vice President went and said “that the federal government in the last 10 years have not constructed a single new road.”
“This statement is a lie and an absolute falsehood,” Okupe said, stressing that, “many people have said so but this is not why I am writing this.”
“My concern is the erroneous assumption that just because the VP is a Christian therefore every Christian is APC.”
“This why the VP’s statement is unfortunate, in that, it was a wrong statement made in a wrong place (church) and before a wrong audience.”
“The church must also be sensitive and mindful of the danger in bringing politics into the church.”
“For Prof Osinbajo, if only he remembered the Igbobi college motto “omnes unum in domino” meaning “all are one in the Lord”
he would not have committed such a blunder. Our God is God of APC, PDP, Labour etc”
“Haven said this the VP is someone I hold in very high esteem and he knows this. I am also proud of his role in this administration,” Okupe said.
- More Trouble as Police summon Naira Marley for violating COVID-19 Lockdown
- Nigeria records eight new COVID-19 cases, total now 232
- 36-year-old dies of coronavirus in Lagos
- Police Arrest Funke Akindele Over Lockdown Violation
- FG Will Support Integration & Operations Of Artisanal Refineries To Reduce Crude Oil Theft.
- Oil Prices Close To $40 As OPEC Meeting Is Postponed
- A Special Adviser To Nasarawa Governor Has Been Kidnapped
- Chadian army led by President Idris Déby takes war to Boko Haram, free Nigerian soldiers in captivity
- Nigeria confirms 10 new cases of coronavirus, total now 224
- Tension in Benin as two patients, who earlier tested negative for Coronavirus are now positive