Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara State has said he has never spent public fund on any foreign trip, challenging critics to prove him wrong.
The governor, who spoke through his Information and Culture Commissioner, Ahaji Umar Jibo Bukkuyum, also explained that what he had done and was still doing, was to move the state forward developmentally.
According to him, the governor was doing his best toward addressing the problems in the state, saying “Instead of the people to be talking meaninglessly, they should face realities. It is a known fact that before this governor came in, so many things were lacking.
For instance; a number of roads have been constructed across the state, and where there was no health institution, it has been built.”
He said instead of spreading unfounded rumours, people, should pray for the leaders to succeed in the discharge of their responsibilities. The commissioner added that contracts for a number of roads to be constructed in the state had been awarded by the government in addition to the ones that had been completed, stressing that recently over N1 billion was released for payment of WAEC and NECO for students.
“We expect the people to commend the government over this development, and not to spread rumours. I think we should be fair to ourselves,” Bukkuyum said.
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus