Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Leadership of the Catholic Church in Nigeria has explained the reason behind the recent transfer of controversial Catholic priest, Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka from Enugu to Emene. According to the Secretary-General of the Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, Reverend Father Ralph Madu.
Mbaka’s transfer was to make him more useful in his service. He refuted claims by Mbaka that his transfer was a punishment and a calculated move to make him suffer.
“Mbaka’s transfer is not an exception; the Bishop has the right to post any priest wherever he feels his service would be more useful to the church.
His posting should have been a privilege, not a punishment which the Bishop can do because he has the power. If he says it’s a punishment, then it’s open for further investigation. Posting is a regular thing, a priest can be transferred after two, three, four, or more years. It depends on the discretion of the Bishop. That ministry (Adoration Ministry) is his private ministry. It does not belong to the church. Overseeing a parish is a full time job. Overseeing a ministry is a bigger task. If the church decides to take him somewhere where he’ll have more time to carry out his ministry, how is it punitive? That should not be the language.”he said
Madu said Mbaka had done things that were unacceptable to the church in the past but received no punishments for them.
“He is supposed to be a missionary. What if the Bishop had closed down the ministry , which is within his power to do? Sometimes, transfers can be for the good of the priest as something can be going wrong which he might not be aware of. The Bishop is free to move any priest at any time, it is his prerogative.”
Fr Mbaka is to resume immediately at his new post at the Our Lady Parish, Emene. The priest, who is as fiery as he is controversial, had described his re-posting by the church as a “calculated move” to make him suffer.”
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus
- Just In: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Ngala, Borno Community
- Akeredolu Pays 2 Months Salaries Of Ex-Political Office Holders
- Paris bans daytime Jogging to contain spread of Coronavirus – Police issue fines for lockdown violations
- VIDEO: How 20-Year old ABU Zaria Student Produced Manual Ventilator for COVID-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: 75 workers with the University Of Benin Teaching Hospital in isolation
- Opinion: Why The Conviction Of Funke Akindele Cannot Stand In Law
- Opinion: When will Pastor Chris Oyakhilome be arrested for spreading falsehood?
- WhatsApp Puts New Limits On The Forwarding Of Viral Messages
- Governor Seyi Makinde said in boosting his immunity to fight coronavirus, he consumed vitamin C, carrots and black seed oil mixed with honey