Estimated Reading Time: <1
A hotel restaurant in Anambra State has been shut down after it was discovered that the outfit served human flesh and also housed an illegal ammunition depot.
The BBC World Service Trusts gathered that authorities were said to have been tipped off by residents who told police of rumors that the restaurant was cooking human meat for customers.
Upon arrival at the joint, fresh human heads that were still bleeding were discovered being drained into a plastic bag.
Ten people were arrested in conjunction with the crimes.
One resident said, “Every time I went to the market, I observed strange activities going on in the hotel. People who were never cleanly dressed and who looked a bit strange made their way in and out of the hotel, making me very suspicious of their activities. I am not surprised at the shocking revelation.”
A priest who ate at the restaurant was alarmed when presented with a bill of 700 Naira.
“The attendant noticed my reaction and told me it was the small piece of meat I had eaten that made the bill scale that high,” he said. “I did not know I had been served with human meat, and that it was that expensive.”
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus