Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reports from Borno State state that gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram sect have taken over control of Ashgigashiya town near also in Gwoza Local Government area of the state.
Since Monday night, residents tell BBC Hausa service that they’ve been sporadic gun shots and the terrorists are getting more and more violent after the two days battle where they took over Gambaru town-Ngala neighboring Cameroon.
Meanwhile, reports from the town of Mubi in Adamawa State in Nigeria that forces about 480 who fled to Cameroon have reached the town of Mubi in conditions of fatigue and hunger. The Defence Headquarters in a statement issued to NewsWireNgr also confirmed the return of the fleeing soldiers.
A Mubi resident said he saw soldiers during drop them in some vehicles are armed and some without, while other upcoming cars armor.
“ We saw some of them purchasing second hand clothes at the Mubi main market to replace their torn uniforms.’’ a source said
He said the presence of the soldiers caused serious panic and confusion in area.” when we sighted the troops we were afraid thinking that it was the insurgents”.
. “The soldiers arrived in the night and people who saw them begun to scamper for safety, because no one knows their mission ,I even thought they are Boko Haram disguised in military uniform, as they used to do,’’ he said.
More details of the captured Nigerian town to follow….
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus