Contrary to the reports and the pictures being circulated, Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters Saturday says no arrest or operation by any foreign military or security allies in the ongoing efforts to rescue the abducted girls or the conduct of the ongoing counter terrorist campaign in Nigeria as reported by national dailies today and currently being circulated online.
General Chris Olukolade, the defense information director in a statement said there has been no incident or record as reported. The pictures being circulated to illustrate the claims in the story are not related to the situation in Nigeria as they were taken from scenes in other countries.
Olukolade however added that no troop of the American Marines has so far been deployed in any part of Nigeria as is being circulated in certain media.
He said International coalition is quite appropriate in handling terrorism being a trans-border and global crime.
“The public will be duly briefed on the areas of collaboration with allied forces in the mission to bring back our girls as the need arises. There is therefore no need to engage in misleading speculations while the mission is in progress.” Olukolade concluded.