More students of the Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok were Wednesday evening freed in the ongoing Search & Rescue operations to rescue the abducted students according to the Nigerian Army.
Major General Chris Olukolade, Director Defence information in a statement said, the Principal of the school has confirmed that only 8 of the students are still missing.
He also added that one of the terrorists who carried out the attack on the school has also been captured.
The military intervention and search and rescue operation to ensure the safety of the remaining students is ongoing in the suspected areas.
He said troops pursued the terrorists close in on the den of those believed to have carried out the attack. A total of 129 students had earlier been abducted by a group of terrorists.