Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspended CBN Governor, Mallam Sanusi Lamido deserves his suspension and sack, this is the stance of Oodua People’s congress (OPC) leader, Dr Frederick Fasheun.
Fasheun opined that Sanusi deserved a sack for his lack of respect for President Jonathan’s office. He also stated that Jonathan’s move to sack the CBN Governor is proper as the President has the power to hire or fire.
Speaking to the Daily Independent, Fasheun said:
“Sanusi has no respect for the office of the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria and carried on as if he is a law unto himself, the fact that he is a prince does not confer a special status on him, he is not above the President; even monarchs are still under the head of state.”
“President Goodluck Jonathan is an executive President, he can hire and fire…He deserved his sack by the President; how can you be so arrogant to an executive President of a country like Nigeria?”
“He (Sanusi) claimed that President Jonathan does not have the right to remove him; from which book did he read that? He who hires has the right to fire.”
Fasheun has also challenged Sanusi to fight back in the weirdest of manners if he has the power to.
“The President has the right to suspend or remove him. If he (Sanusi) has the power to fight back, he can as well suspend the President.”
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus
- Just In: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Ngala, Borno Community
- Akeredolu Pays 2 Months Salaries Of Ex-Political Office Holders
- Paris bans daytime Jogging to contain spread of Coronavirus – Police issue fines for lockdown violations
- VIDEO: How 20-Year old ABU Zaria Student Produced Manual Ventilator for COVID-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: 75 workers with the University Of Benin Teaching Hospital in isolation
- Opinion: Why The Conviction Of Funke Akindele Cannot Stand In Law
- Opinion: When will Pastor Chris Oyakhilome be arrested for spreading falsehood?
- WhatsApp Puts New Limits On The Forwarding Of Viral Messages
- Governor Seyi Makinde said in boosting his immunity to fight coronavirus, he consumed vitamin C, carrots and black seed oil mixed with honey