Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Taraba acting Governor, Alhaji Garba Umar, has sacked 24 special advisers to the state government and appointed 24 new ones.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Garvey Yawe, and made available to newsmen on Monday in Jalingo.
According to the statement, Mr Abba Akawu is the Special Adviser on Inter-Governmental Affairs, Mr Oliver Suleiman; Labour Matters while Alhaji Barshir Marafa, Special Adviser on Local Government and Chieftancy Affairs.
Others are; Sen. Ibrahim Goje, Political Affairs, Dr Yushau Ahmed, Border Community Development Agency, Mr Atem Ansho, Tourism, Alhaji Adamu Danjuma, SEMA and David Irande, Primary Education.
The governor also appointed Hajiya Maryam Zubairu as Special Adviser on students and the Physically Challenged, Atiku Umar, Security and Mrs Ankye Abada,Women Affairs.
Mr Emmanuel Nwunuke Urban Infrastructure, Mr Buba Madugu, Commerce and Industries, Alhaji Muntari Garba, Science, Technical and Higher Education, Mr Orbee Uchiv, Government and Project Monitoring among others.
The statement directed all the advisers who were sacked to hand over government property in their possession to appropriate government officials immediately.
- Lagos witnessing rise in local transmission of Coronavirus cases since border closure – searching for 2,645 passengers
- Kaduna state Government searching and tracing of 119 contacts of the 5 positive cases recorded
- Breaking: Singer, Naira Marley Arrested and now in custody, Say Lagos state Police Command
- Funke Akindele Bello and husband have been sentenced
- Breaking: Buhari approves withdrawal of $150m from Sovereign Wealth Fund
- Actress, Funke Akindele, and Husband plead guilty, await court’s verdict
- Breaking: Police take Funke Akindele, husband, JJC Skillz, to court for flouting the lockdown order
- “We Have A Bigger Problem Than COVID-19, Which Is Hunger.”- Borno Governor
- 3 Nigerians die of Coronavirus in the US
- “No state should be seen as more important than any other” – Governor Wike thinks FG is playing politics with Coronavirus